Welcome to A Generation's Battle Cry. My prayer is that you will be challenged and blessed by what you read here; and if it inspires you to attempt to do great things for God, to God be the glory!

Friday, May 6, 2011

The Art of Inward Greatness series, Quote from John Piper "kick-off"...

Our next series will be on inward manifestations of greatness that will come in the life of a Child of God before they do great things for God.
We will simply begin with this quote as a way to "kick-off" the series; and then we'll start very soon. For now, I'd like you all to really think over this quote and how it applys to you as a Christian.


"This is basic to all growing up. Part of maturity is the principle of deffered gratification. If you cannot embrace the pain of learning but must have instant gratification, you forfeit the greatest rewards of life."
-John Piper



My question to you:

What are certian ways we must practice deffered gratification so that God can teach us, and mature us?

I really can't wait to start this series, it is so foundational to the spirit of the person who strives to do great things for God. We must first learn inward greatness, and all else follows. But a lot of the learning involved in how to manifest inward greatness does lean on deferred gratification; we could also call some of it sacrifice. I will go into detail later how we can practice that daily, and certian areas the Lord has shown me that help me learn deferred gratification that helps me mature my walk with Him. Hope to hear from you all more as I get into this series!

1 Timothy 4:12,
Tawney Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment